Wednesday, May 21, 2014

What We're Eating Today - Strawberries

Yum! Strawberries. The sweet little gifts, could they be any cuter? They are such happy looking fruits. The color is even a cheery red.

And I love the way they look suspended from their dainty stems beneath green lobes. They invite you to pick them.

I have only one variety, Sequoia. From 12 plants, I consistently get a half dozen beautiful berries a day, enough for a smoothy or nice little dish of sliced berries.

My grandma used to make sliced strawberries with sugar and whipped cream for dessert. Oh my, the juice in the bottom of the bowl was heavenly!

1 comment:

  1. I love strawberries!! Thank you for this post. However, can you give more tips about gardening and how to get the best results, that would be great!

    ReplyDelete